I’ve only been at this blogging thing for a little but I have some observations to make about somethings I think I’m seeing.
Sex Is A Huge Issue In Many Marriages
- As I’ve mentioned before the posts that draw the largest audience are the posts that I’ve made about sex. The more sexually obvious the title the more views.
- There are a number of very good bloggers posting on the topic of sex in marriage some of the professional Marriage Counselors. Obviously they see what a huge issue this is in marriages or they wouldn’t dedicate their blogging time to just this one area of marriage.
The Wrong People Are Reading These Blogs
Now I don’t know this for certain, but I’m fairly sure that the majority of those that read my posts on sex and the other bloggers posts on sex are more than likely the higher sex drive spouse in their marriages looking for answers.
- Dr. David Schnarch would say that the lower sex drive partner controls the sex.
- Higher sex drive spouses are looking for ways to take more control in their marriage beds. That’s how I got started on my interest in creating a better marriage. Thank God (literally) that I am married to a generous, good-willed spouse.
I’m sure there are some generous, good-willed, lower sex drive spouses out there that read these blogs but I think they’re mostly a minority. As Paul Byerly recently pointed out If I Don’t Admit It, It’s Not True. Too often we believe it is easier to continue to delude ourselves than it is to work for a better marriage (See: Why People Avoid the Truth About Themselves).
Generalities and Stereotypes Can Be Hurtful
Honestly, it took me a long time to learn this myself.
- It isn’t always the husband in a marriage that has the higher sex drive.
- Wives aren’t any less likely to be tempted sexually. Their temptation may be slightly different but it’s still temptation.
This content is published under the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.